System requirements and instructions for application forms
On this page, learn about FCM's funding application forms and the system requirements for your computer. You will also find a step-by-step guide on how to use the forms and how to submit your application once it is complete.
About FCM application forms for grants and loans
FCM has different application forms for a variety of types of grants and loans. Before you complete an application form, please ensure you have:
- The correct form for the grant or loan that you are applying for.
- The most recent version of the form.
The questions in the form are dynamically populated, meaning that new questions are generated as you respond to earlier questions. For some types of grant and loan application forms, parts of the form will only be visible if you select that section or question.
- Internet Explorer is the recommended browser to open an FCM application form.
- You will need Adobe Reader 9.1 or greater to complete the form.
Save the form to your computer and then open it in Adobe Reader. Remember to save your form frequently while you are working on it to prevent losing any information.
Using the form for the first time
When you first open the form, you will need to establish a connection with our server.
- A security warning will pop up that reads "Acrobat is attempting to connect to: https://www.fcm.ca". If you trust this site, choose "Allow". If you do not trust this site, choose "Block". Click the box that says "Remember my action for this site" and then click the "Allow" button.
- A yellow bar will appear at the top of the form that reads "Some features may be disabled to avoid potential security risks". Only enable these features if you trust the document. Click the Options menu at the end of the bar and select "Trust this document always".
- The form will reload and is ready to use.
How to submit your application form
You will be asked to review your responses prior to submitting the form. The form will highlight any incomplete questions.
Before you click the Submit button to send your application and associated documents to FCM, make sure that:
- You are connected to the Internet.
- You have saved the document in PDF as a trusted file. See section above under "Using the form for the first time".
After clicking the Submit button, a text box will inform you that the submission process is about to begin. Click OK to continue and wait for the system to confirm receipt of your submission.