FCM's annual scholarship program for secondary school students began in 2010. The scholarship is open to young women / girls enrolled in secondary school (and CEGEP in Quebec) and who are contributing to their school's leadership team or student council. It is meant to reward and inspire students who take on challenges and try to bring about change that benefits their peers and / or community.
Amount and number of Scholarships
One (1) scholarship of $1,000, to be awarded in each of the following regions:
- British Columbia
- Prairies and Territories
- Atlantic Canada
The scholarship is open to female Canadian citizens currently enrolled in any year of study at a Canadian secondary school or CEGEP.
Your submission must include the following elements.
- In a 3 min video, tell us how you contribute to school activities related to student council or leadership.
- Provide a written document with answers to the following questions. Each answer should be 300 words or less.
- How do you contribute to your school's leadership?
- How are you engaged in community activities?
- Why is it important for women to participate in politics?
Note that FCM will keep all applications meeting eligibility criteria on file for future consideration. Video entries may be used to promote FCM's scholarship and awards program. Candidates will be notified prior to use of the video.
Two written references are required:
- One personal reference (i.e. friend or relative)
- One academic reference (i.e. teacher or principal)
The dates of the next application period will be posted soon.