Applications are now open!
FCM's annual scholarship program for secondary school students began in 2010. The scholarship is open to young women / girls enrolled in secondary school (and CEGEP in Quebec) and who are contributing to their school's leadership team or student council. It is meant to reward and inspire students who take on challenges and try to bring about change that benefits their peers and / or community.
Amount and number of Scholarships
One (1) scholarship of $1,000, to be awarded in each of the following regions:
- British Columbia
- Prairies and Territories
- Atlantic Canada
The scholarship is open to female Canadian citizens currently enrolled in any year of study at a Canadian secondary school or CEGEP.
Your submission must include the following elements.
- In a 3 min video, tell us how you contribute to school activities related to student council or leadership.
- Provide a written document with answers to the following questions. Each answer should be 300 words or less.
- How do you contribute to your school's leadership?
- How are you engaged in community activities?
- Why is it important for women to participate in politics?
Please note that video entries may be used to promote FCM's scholarship and awards program. Candidates will be notified prior to use of the video.
Two written references are required:
- One personal reference (i.e. friend or relative)
- One academic reference (i.e. teacher or principal)
You have until January 21, 2022 to submit your application.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more scholarship opportunities, see the Mayor Andrée P. Boucher Memorial Scholarship.
British Columbia: Avie Waterfall, Nelson, BC
Prairies & Territories : Jolie Gan, Calgary, AB
Ontario: Rahman Osman, Toronto, ON
Quebec: Ella Boyer, Sainte-Anne de Bellevue, QC
Atlantic: Rachael Moores, Conception Bay, NL