See just some of the historic federal tools and investments FCM has secured to empower cities and communities of all sizes.
Learn more about the exclusive benefits FCM members receive to help them make their community stronger.
See how FCM intervenes in precedent-setting federal cases to defend municipal jurisdiction.
Join our nationwide team of thousands of municipal leaders, all working together to bring local priorities to the national agenda.
What FCM does for members
- We unite local governments of all sizes. With more than 2,000 members representing 90 percent of Canadians, we are the trusted and respected national voice of Canada’s municipalities.
- We shape the national agenda. With unprecedented influence and access to key federal decision-makers in every party, we’re driving historic investments in municipal priorities.
- We provide unique tools. Our policy, government relations and communications experts inform and equip members so they can better serve their communities.
- We build local capacity. Our national and international programs—on everything from sustainability to reconciliation—offer funding, training and resources to communities.
- We defend municipal interests. Through our Legal Defense Fund, we intervene in precedent-setting federal cases to defend municipal jurisdiction.
What FCM has achieved for members
Through unprecedented influence and access to key decision-makers in every federal party, FCM is securing historic progress for municipalities—including landmark new investments in infrastructure, housing, transit and rural transportation, universal broadband, climate adaptation, and more.
What’s more, we’re elevating the role of Canada’s local governments. From a strengthened seat at the federal table to more direct tools that directly empower local leaders, we’re making it clear that municipal leaders are essential partners in building stronger communities—and a better Canada.
Learn more about what FCM has achieved for its members.
Learn how FCM is working with municipalities of all sizes to tackle pressing local, national, and global challenges.
We may be able to fund part of your innovative, sustainability-related municipal project. We fund plans, studies, pilot projects, capital projects and more.