Climate change capital project grants
These grants help municipalities adapt to the impacts of climate change, such as flooding and drought, and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Communities can use the funding to upgrade,
build, replace, expand or purchase and install fixed assets or infrastructure, such as buildings and treatment plants.
Select from the following capital projects
Choose from the list of capital projects below to find examples of eligible projects and information about deadlines, who can apply and how to apply.
Note: There is one application form for climate change plans and a separate application form for climate change studies.
You will find the link to the correct form listed on each of the following pages. When you complete the form, you will be asked to specify the type of capital project that you are applying for.
- Extreme temperatures: Climate adaptation capital projects
- Flooding and drought: Climate adaptation capital projects
- Wind events: Climate adaptation capital projects
- Community initiatives: Climate adaptation capital projects
- Energy: Climate mitigation capital projects
- Solid waste: Climate mitigation capital projects
- Water: Climate mitigation capital projects
- Transportation: Climate mitigation capital projects
- Community initiatives: Climate mitigation capital projects
Grants are also available for climate change plans and studies.
Contact an advisor before you apply
Email or call us today to discuss whether your project is eligible for funding.
Toll free: 1-877-997-9926
Funding for environmental capital projects also available
Loans of up to $5 million, combined with grants, are also available for Canadian municipalities for larger, innovative environmental capital projects to improve the quality of air, water and soil, or reduce energy consumption. Learn more about eligible projects and upcoming deadlines.