How to become a member of FCM
There are two classes of FCM membership: municipal and affiliate.
- Municipal member: Any incorporated municipality located in Canada.
- Affiliate member: Any association of municipalities located in a Canadian province or territory.
Applications for Membership:
Any qualifying municipality or association should communicate with FCM and express their interest in becoming a member. Staff will provide the necessary support to welcome new municipalities as members.
Annual FCM membership fees
- Membership fees are paid on an annual basis, and annual membership is from April 1st to March 30th.
- New members can join at any time of the year, and membership becomes effective upon receipt of payment.
- Membership fees encompass a base fee and a per capita fee. FCM uses the census data from Statistics Canada to determine the per capita portion of the fees.
- The affiliate membership fees consist of a flat rate.
Learn more about what FCM can do for you
Member Relations Advisor | Communications and Membership