Project Coordinator – Municipal Asset Management Program
Please apply by Thursday, February 22, 2018
|Salary band:||$50,700 - $63,800|
|Language:||Bilingual; English and French|
Funded by Infrastructure Canada (INFC), the Municipal Asset Management Program (MAMP) is a five-year $50 million national initiative whose goal is to enable Canadian municipalities to manage their infrastructure assets more strategically and thereby improve the quality of public infrastructure services for Canadians in the future. Managed by FCM, in close collaboration with provincial and territorial municipal associations (PTAs) and other stakeholders, MAMP has two complementary priorities: reinforce municipal and local community capacity in infrastructure assets planning, management, data collection and reporting; and generate new knowledge in municipal infrastructure management to inform federal policy and other stakeholders' initiatives that advance asset management and infrastructure practices.
MAMP's direct funding program is a subset of MAMP and provides application-based funding to municipalities to conduct projects which further their adoption and development of asset management practices.
Reporting to the Manager, Funding of the Municipal Asset Management Program (MAMP), the Project Coordinator, along with support from the team, monitors a portfolio of Municipal Asset Management Program files through the entire intake, approval, contracting and disbursement cycle to ensure all eligibility criteria and contractual obligations are met and program specific processes are followed. The primary purpose of the Project Coordinator is to support and guide Applicants and Recipients to navigate the MAMP funding process ensuring strong uptake by small and often under-resourced municipalities.
- Guides applicants through the application process; responsible for receiving all applications filing according to the team's filing standards; confirms receipt of complete applications with the applicants; performs initial screening of applications and works with the Project Officer in coordinating comments to applicants;
- Assists the Project Officer in the logistics of the Peer Review process, ensuring documents are accessible by the peer Reviewers; enters reviewer results in CRM and extracts PR de-brief comments for the applicants;
- When required, communicates with Quebec's department of municipal affairs (MAMOT) related to status of contracts;
- Responsible for the finalization of funding agreement and its schedules, extracting data from the application form to populate the templates; circulates for internal contract recommendations and once approved coordinates the signature process by both parties and then sending the final copies to the applicants;
- Explaining and rationalizing non-negotiable terms and conditions of MAMP's funding agreement with Applicants and/or Recipients and when necessary, escalating issues that require Management approval/intervention;
- Once contracted, coordinates fulfillment of recipient reporting requirements; conducts interim status update calls with recipients regarding the various obligations contained in the contract, and documents and reports on overall health of projects based on calls;
- Assists the Project Officer in reviewing final project reports in accordance with contract scope of work and deliverables and in writing disbursement recommendations; prepares disbursement requisition form;
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of new or existing MAMP procedures that increase the efficiency of the funding process and improves the client's experience with MAMP/FCM;
- Collaborates with the Program Manager, Knowledge, Planning and Governance and the Assistant, Data and Reporting to generate corporate reports on the status of the MAMP Direct Funding pillar.
- Reviews project reports to identify significant results or lessons learned which may be used as case studies or to support the development of MAMP knowledge/communication products, and shares relevant information with other teams (Communications and Marketing, Knowledge Services, Research and Development).
- Coordinates and facilitates collaboration between internal groups (Funding Services, Legal, Finance)
- Participates as required in cross-functional team project work for National Programs department or in FCM-wide initiatives
Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree in business administration, project management or related discipline, or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with a focus on the evaluation of contracts or grant and loan programs
- Requires strong knowledge and understanding of the funding/granting process and where adherences to such processes are non-negotiable.
- Requires strong service-orientation focus and the ability to provide such services in both English and French;
- Requires the ability to maintain professional attitude while dealing with individuals of all backgrounds and levels of authority and in particular, sound judgement of when to escalate more complex matters;
- Requires experience working with the Microsoft Office products suite; experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is highly desirable.
- General exposure to project management principles including planning, resource management, and budgeting would be an asset;
- General Exposure to Canadian contract law (standard legal terminology in contracts) and administration would be considered an asset;
- A general understanding of Asset Management practices and principles would also be considered an asset.
- The ability to work in both official languages (English and French) is required.
- Some light domestic travel might be required as part of this role (5%)
The successful candidate will also exhibit the following competencies:
- Results Oriented: Committed to achieving results, demonstrating innovation and creativity in overcoming obstacles. Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
- Client Focus: Making client satisfaction a priority and at the center of all decisions. Providing service excellence to internal and external clients.
- Teamwork: Contributing to the development of a team environment where team members ultimately achieve established goals.
- Ethics and Fairness: Treating everyone fairly and equitably and maintaining high ethical standards.
Please apply by Thursday, February 22, 2018