Canadians are eager to find new ways to make their homes energy efficient, and to generate more renewable energy. Municipalities of all sizes are ready to help—but don’t always know where to start.
Now in its 20th year, GMF enters a new chapter. Our new $300 million initiative helps municipalities deliver energy efficient financing programs for low-rise residential properties. Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE), Local Improvement Charge (LIC) financing and utility on-bill financing are just some examples of financing models used by municipalities delivering residential energy programming.
No matter what stage you’re at, we can help you reach your environmental goals, bring jobs to your community and build better lives. Our new funding and learning resources can help your municipality achieve the following:
- Create, launch and expand innovative financing programs for residential energy projects.
- Generate triple bottom line benefits:
- Reduce GHG emissions, create energy savings and contribute to climate adaptation, water conservation and health and safety outcomes
- Accelerate energy cost savings, improve housing affordability and keep the local economy moving
- Increase home comfort, health and quality of life for residents
About the CEF offer
The next call for applications will be early 2021. Sign up for FCM Connect and get the latest news, funding opportunities and deadlines and sustainability resources in your inbox.
FCM’s Community Efficiency Financing initiative is delivered through our Green Municipal Fund and funded by the Government of Canada.