With our support, municipalities implement innovative and proven sustainability practices. These practices have directly improved quality of life for millions of Canadians by:
- Giving communities access to cleaner drinking water
- Creating energy-efficient housing and buildings
- Expanding conservation and recycling systems
- Supporting green and active transportation
- Restoring contaminated sites to productive use
- Keeping energy dollars in the community
- Growing local economies
Whatever their local priorities, GMF has been here to help Canada’s municipalities since 2000. To see where we’re going, read our five-year strategic plan.
For more information about GMF's 20th year, read our 2019-2020 annual report.
Community Efficiency Financing
Sustainable Affordable Housing
Leadership in Brownfield Renewal network
Explore ways to get FCM funding for your plans, feasibility studies, pilot projects, and capital projects.
Sign up for FCM Connect and get the latest news, funding opportunities and deadlines and sustainability resources in your inbox.
Featured resourcesExplore critical resources, events and training related to Green Municipal Fund.
Featured newsSee the latest news about the Green Municipal Fund.
The Green Municipal Fund is a $1 billion program, delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and funded by the Government of Canada.