Our Ask an Expert series is an open Q&A forum that will give you the opportunity to get consultative advice and guidance from experienced industry professionals. Bring your own questions of learn from the discussions
11:00 to 11:50 a.m.
Speaker: Jessica Jaremchuk, Vice President, Risk Management Services
Ask this expert your questions related to municipal insurance and risk management issues impacting your community.
Get answers on topics covering a range of areas such as escalating claim costs, municipal claim and case examples, the insurance market, social engineering, cyber insurance, climate change & adaptation and impacts of COVID-19 from Jessica Jaremchuk, Vice President of Risk Management Services. Jessica has over a decade of experience specializing in meeting complex municipal risk and insurance needs.
Not sure where to start? Here are some examples:
- Why did my insurance rates go up so much this year?
- What is a hard market?
- How is climate change affecting my premium?
- Why are the judgement awards in cases so high?
- How is joint and several affecting my insurance premium?
- How can we manage the risk of social engineering as a municipality?
- Someone got severely injured tobogganing and brough a claim against the municipality — does this mean we can’t have tobogganing anymore?
- We want to resume events this summer — any risk management suggestions, especially in the wake of COVID?
- Do waivers really work? Can we have someone sign electronically?