Become a Peer Mentor
From time to time we find that some First Nation and municipal communities require additional support, beyond the capacity of FCM to provide. This might include particular technical expertise, relationship support, or learning from others who have gone through a similar process. Please get in touch if you have experience in the following areas, and are interested in providing volunteer services to communities working to develop partnerships.
- Relationship building
- Cross cultural communication capacity building
- Drafting agreements
- Legal review of agreements
- Review of engineering reports and providing plain language summaries
- Providing technical expertise on water systems
- First Nation and municipal political leaders and staff with experience developing First Nation - municipal relations and/or joint service agreements
If your expertise matches the needs of a participating community pair, the CIPP team will help to facilitate a peer mentoring relationship.