The PCP Milestone Tool
Helping you plan and measure actions to reduce GHGs
The PCP Milestone Tool is a user-friendly, web-based resource that helps local governments to prepare greenhouse gas (GHG) emission inventories, and monitor and manage emissions generated at the local level. It supports PCP members working toward Milestone One (creating inventories) and Milestone Two (target setting). The tool will eventually be configured for Milestones 3-5.
Why use this tool?
You'll find that monitoring GHG emissions reductions will be faster, more convenient, and better suited to help in setting achievable targets. The tool is designed to track GHGs from:
- Corporate operations and services, such as municipal buildings and facilities, fleet vehicles, streetlights and traffic signals, water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Community sources, including residences, businesses, transportation and waste.
What are the main features?
Developed by FCM and ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability, the tool builds on PCP's other emissions management resources. ICLEI offers free technical support to help you get started and learn to integrate with PCP's energy and emissions quantification protocols.
The new tool allows you to:
- Input energy and emissions data for multiple inventory years
- Track and report on progress over time
- Compare the performance of individual buildings or several facilities
- Choose from a variety of customizable calculators
- Learn from FAQs and other resources
How can I find out more?
This presentation introduces the new tool.
Contact the PCP Secretariat to access the tool — free for PCP members.