PCP member benefits and responsibilities
Beginning in the fall of 2016, the Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program is introducing new member requirements and responsibilities. These requirements will help to ensure that you get the most out of your participation in the PCP Milestone program. Learn about the new requirements below, as well as the benefits of being a member of the PCP program.
Benefits of membership
The PCP program offers you a proven approach to reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and the support you need to achieve success. Being actively engaged in the PCP program gives your municipality the chance to become a leader by taking systematic and organized action on climate change. By participating in the PCP program, Canadian municipalities gain access to the following tools and resources:
- Support and guidance, through the PCP Milestone Framework, to help members reduce GHG emissions.
- Access to a network of 300 local governments across Canada that are taking action on climate change and can help your community succeed by offering their experience and examples.
- Technical support tools, including the PCP Milestone Tool and PCP Protocol.
- Information and access to funding opportunities, such as those offered by FCM's Green Municipal Fund.
- Capacity-building resources, including workshops, case studies and training opportunities.
- Awards and recognition for milestone achievements and for reported measures.
Members of the PCP program have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out the PCP five-milestone framework within 10 years of joining the program.
- Submit documentation demonstrating progress with the five-milestone framework at least once every two years.
- Let us know when contact information changes by sending us an email.
Learn more about the requirements for submitting milestone reports and timelines for completing the Milestone Framework.
Our commitment to you
We're here to help. We can provide support and resources to ensure that you continue to progress toward completing your milestones. Contact us for more information.