Funding: Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program
The Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program (MCIP) provides funding to help Canadian cities and communities of all sizes adapt to the impacts of climate change and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Through MCIP, we provide funding to municipalities for plans, studies, demonstration projects and support for staff salaries to plan and implement climate change adaptation projects. Focus areas include energy, water, waste, transportation, asset management, GHG reductions and reducing vulnerability to climate change impacts.
Learn more about the types of projects and initiatives that are eligible for funding below and find information about available funding, who can apply, deadlines and how to apply.
- GHG emission reduction and community energy plans
- Transportation and land use plans
- Climate change adaptation plans
- Energy: Climate mitigation studies
- Solid waste: Climate mitigation studies
- Water: Climate mitigation studies
- Transportation: Climate mitigation studies
- Community initiatives: Climate mitigation studies
- Extreme temperature: Climate adaptation studies
- Flooding and drought: Climate adaptation studies
- Wind events: Climate adaptation studies
- Community initiatives: Climate adaptation studies
More funding to be available throughout 2017
Funding for demonstration projects and staff support grants will be offered later in 2017. Subscribe to our enewsletter to receive the calls for applications and more information.
Contact us to apply
Email or call us today to discuss whether your project is eligible for funding. Our advisors are here to help with preparing your application.
Toll free: 1-877-997-9926