Grants for partner organizations: Municipal Asset Management Program
Submit a proposal to deliver asset management training
FCM offers grants to non-profit organizations to provide asset management training, knowledge resources and information sharing activities to Canadian cities and communities of all sizes. Learn about eligible activities, available funding and how to apply.
Note: These grants are not available directly to municipalities. Learn more and apply for asset management grants designed for municipalities.
Request for proposals due June 7, 2017
FCM is inviting all interested non-profit organizations to respond to a Request for Proposal (RFP) to organize and deliver asset management training and knowledge sharing activities to Canadian municipalities. The timeframe for the delivery of these activities is July 2017 to June 2018.
Partner organizations that receive funding will:
- Raise asset management awareness for municipalities varying in size, location and experience
- Help municipalities develop internal knowledge of asset management best practices and methods
- Offer training on how asset management can be incorporated into their organizations
Working with FCM, our partners will have the opportunity to:
- Provide municipality-focused training and awareness building activities
- Leverage existing networks, such as communities of practice, working groups or associations, to share best practices
- Encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices across the country
- Continue to help the municipal sector develop awareness, abilities and skills in integrating asset management best practices
Examples of eligible activities
FCM offers grants to partners who offer training, awareness building activities and/or technical assistance, including:
- Peer-to-peer and peer learning activities
- Conference presentations, panels or webinars
- Coaching and mentoring (one-on-one)
Who can apply
Funding is available to Canadian not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, including:
- Provincial and territorial municipal associations
- Professional and industry associations
- Educational institutions
Eligible organizations must have a mandate to support municipalities, or have experience supporting the municipal sector in Canada, in addition to delivering training, knowledge resources and information sharing activities.
Organizations can subcontract for-profit entities to deliver activities.
The maximum value of the funding will depend on the proposed activities. Please consult the RFP for full funding details.
How to submit a proposal
- Contact us to receive the RFP
- Contact us to confirm your intent to submit a proposal
Deadline: Friday, May 19, 2017
- Ask questions related to the RFP
Deadline: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
FCM will provide responses by: Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Submit your proposal
Deadline: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 2p.m. EDT
Please include the name of your organization and title of RFP in the subject line.
FCM will provide notice of contract award during the week of July 17, 2017.
Coming fall 2017: Grants to provide asset management learning programs
FCM will issue a RFP in fall 2017 offering funding to partner organizations to provide asset management training and assistance in the form of group learning programs. Eligible activities will take place in 2018 and focus on recruiting and supporting municipalities in a year-long program that includes workshops and other activities to help them advance their asset management practices alongside others in their peer group.
To receive a notification for the next RFP, please contact Lynne Bériault, Program Administrator, Municipal Asset Management Program.