Roadmaps for redeveloping brownfields
Guides to processes, regulations and funding for brownfield redevelopment projects
The Brownfield Roadmaps, developed by FCM's Green Municipal Fund, provide a detailed overview of the process of bringing contaminated or abandoned sites back into productive use in your province or territory.
Developed in close consultation with provincial and territorial governments, each roadmap provides you with an easy-to-follow path through three focus areas:
- Process: the steps typically followed when redeveloping a brownfield site in Canada
- Legislation: provincial/territorial laws and policy requirements associated with each step in the process
- Funding: financial support and incentive programs available to municipalities and their partners
Read our roadmaps to:
- Know the steps involved in a brownfield redevelopment project, and be better prepared to avoid potential delays or cost overruns.
- Learn where to look for funding, including grants and incentive programs.
- Structure your discussions and consultations with project stakeholders.
- Improve your understanding of the brownfields regulatory framework in your province.
Brownfield Roadmaps 2016
|Manitoba Brownfield Roadmap 2016|
|New Brunswick Brownfield Roadmap 2016|
|Ontario Brownfield Roadmap 2016|
|Quebec Brownfield Roadmap 2016|
Note: The information presented in the roadmaps is current to the publication date and may not capture all relevant programs. Please contact the responsible organizations to verify up-to-date information.
Each roadmap summarizes current provincial or territorial legislation and must not be regarded as a formal legal interpretation. Please refer to the identified legislation for complete details on requirements and seek legal advice if necessary.