Revitalize Your Brownfields
Renewed offer in effect April 1, 2015
Almost every Canadian community is home to a brownfield site. Bringing these properties back into productive use:
- creates business opportunities
- increases economic activity
- manages environmental risk
- improves public health
- revitalizes neighbourhoods
We’re with you every step of the way:
The GMF advantage
GMF is a permanent fund that supports partnerships and leveraging of public and private-sector funding to reach higher standards of air, water and soil quality, and climate protection.
GMF is your brownfield clean-up partner and much more. We offer attractive financing on a cost-reimbursement basis. We can connect you with a network of brownfield experts and resources, and share lessons learned from other brownfield projects.
Let the GMF advantage help you revitalize your brownfields, overcome market barriers, and create new economic opportunities:
- We offer loans at the remediation stage, unlike most other funders.
- We offer innovative financing methods, such as using municipal incentives like tax increment financing (TIFs) as security for appropriate projects.
- Our funding can be combined with other funding programs (e.g. federal and provincial).
- We accept applications year-round.
- We can give your project national recognition.
Do you have a brownfield redevelopment opportunity in your community?
Contact us to find out whether GMF is the right solution for your project.