First Nations – Municipal Community Infrastructure Partnership Program
This award winning program helps municipalities and First Nations work together to strengthen partnerships and develop water service agreements. While this is not a funding program you can take advantage of free:
- Regional workshops on relationship building and service agreements
- National webinars on various topics
- Volunteer and peer mentors including engineers and facilitators
- Online Toolkit, templates, case studies, and sample agreements
Imagine a new way forward. Since its launch in 2010 CIPP has:
- Hosted training workshops for over 100 First Nations and neighbouring municipalities;
- Facilitated historic meetings that resulted in friendship or communication agreements;
- Supported development of service agreements particularly on water, but also on waste, fire, and transit.
Webinar - Whats Fair in Water and Water Service Pricing (Thursday, May 28, 2015)Reaching an arrangement on pricing for water and water services in a First Nation-municipal joint service agreement is one of the most challenging negotiation issues.
Workshop - Partners in Sustainability - First Nations-Municipal Collaboration (Thursday, February 12, 2015)Strong fences may make good neighbours, but municipalities and First Nations are working to tear down the walls that divide us.
Webinar - How can CIPP Service Agreement Tools benefit your First Nation or municipality (Thursday, December 4, 2014)Learn how these tools can assist in the development of mutually beneficial agreements between First Nations and adjacent municipalities.