Fixing Canada's Housing Crunch
Thanks to great work by FCM members, our campaign to fix Canada's housing crunch has succeeded in putting housing in the spotlight leading up to federal budget 2014.
2013 CAMPAIGN HIGHLIGHTS
Resolutions: More than 140 FCM member municipalities, representing more than 60 per cent of the Canadian population, have passed council resolutions supporting the campaign. Pass a council resolution supporting the campaign and be sure to email email@example.com to let us know.
Roundtables: The Halifax Regional Municipality held the first in a series of local roundtable discussions on Canada's housing crunch. Municipalities across Canada are planning roundtables, with several scheduled for January and February.
- Parliament: FCM members brought the housing crunch message directly to 140 MPs and Senators-including the Prime Minister-during Advocacy Days in November.
- Media: Canada-wide media coverage of our housing campaign.
- Website: fcm.ca/housingcrunch showcases the actions members are taking.
- Twitter:#housingcrunch has been tweeted more than 3,300 times!
- By-elections: Candidates in the four November federal by-elections answered our questionnaire on housing.
Help spread the news!
|Tweet||I want workers, families, seniors and the vulnerable to have affordable housing. Do you? Join #housingcrunch! http://bit.ly/175fIP3 #CDNmuni|