Fixing Canada's Housing Crunch
Thanks to great work by FCM members, our campaign to fix Canada's housing crunch has succeeded in putting housing in the spotlight.
2013 campaign highlights
Resolutions: More than 180 FCM member municipalities, representing more than 60 per cent of the Canadian population, have passed council resolutions supporting the campaign. Pass a council resolution supporting the campaign and be sure to email email@example.com to let us know.
Roundtables: Halifax, Thompson, Brockville, Toronto, London, Regina and Gatineau have held local roundtable discussions on Canada's housing crunch.
- Parliament: FCM members brought the housing crunch message directly to 140 MPs and Senators-including the Prime Minister-during Advocacy Days in November.
- Media: Canada-wide media coverage of our housing campaign.
- Website: fcm.ca/housingcrunch showcases the actions members are taking.
- Twitter:#housingcrunch has been tweeted more than 3,300 times!
- By-elections: Candidates in the four November federal by-elections answered our questionnaire on housing.
Help spread the news!
|Tweet||I want workers, families, seniors and the vulnerable to have affordable housing. Do you? Join #housingcrunch! http://bit.ly/175fIP3 #CDNmuni|