2017 Annual Conference and Trade Show Ottawa
June 1-4, 2017
Shaw Convention Centre, Ottawa
Shaping Canada's Future
This year's conference theme showcases Canada's cities and communities — where the best of this country unfolds. They're where we work, live and raise our children. As Canada celebrates 150 years of Confederation and reflects upon the challenges and opportunities that got us here, local governments are also taking on the role of shaping Canada's future.
After all, it's in our cities and communities where we'll tackle 21st century challenges like climate change. It's where we'll forge better relations with Indigenous peoples, build hubs of innovation, beacons of sustainability and centres of diversity. From Hamilton to Hay River, the next 150 years belongs to municipalities.
This year's conference is one you won't want to miss — because the road to a better Canada runs through our cities and communities.
2017 program highlights
- Four days of plenaries, workshops, industry-led seminars and networking opportunities.
- A rural plenary, in addition to a rural workshop stream and rural study tours.
- Study tours offered by the City of Ottawa and the City of Gatineau.
- Our ever-popular Trade Show, featuring over 170 exhibitors.
- A special #muni150 Lounge, showcasing municipal leadership.
- NEW THIS YEAR: child-minding services for registered delegates.
Register today and join over 1,700 municipal leaders at Canada's largest municipal-federal conference.
Jon Montgomery: Closing keynote speaker
Whether he's capturing the hearts of the nation as an Olympic champion, or showcasing our cities and communities as host of The Amazing Race Canada, few people embody the Canadian spirit better than Jon Montgomery.