Webinar: Shifting Gears — The Road to Sustainable Transportation
Part 4 of GMF’s Leading Trends in Municipal Sustainability webinar series
Friday, March 1, 2013
2:30–4:00 p.m. EST
Communities of all sizes are encouraging the use of alternative transportation to help reduce local greenhouse gas emissions, promote active lifestyles, and ensure accessibility for citizens of all ages and abilities.
This webinar will feature innovative municipal initiatives that support the transition to electric vehicles and help create built environments that encourage active living and increased use of public transit. Speakers will share the keys to their success and the insights gained from their experiences, and provide participants with valuable knowledge, which can be applied to their own communities.
- Damien Forbes, P.Eng., Senior Project Engineer, Toronto Transit Commission
- Erik Backstrom, Senior Planner, Transit Oriented Development Planning, City of Edmonton, AB
- Malcolm Shield, Climate Programs Engineer, Sustainability Group, City of Vancouver, BC
- Creating a Better Victoria Park Terminal
- City of Edmonton Transit Oriented Development Guidelines
- EV Infrastructure Challenges and Opportunities