Webinar: Heavy Duty Departures
How Municipal Leaders Are Reducing Fleet Emissions
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Rising fuel costs, the need to reduce environmental impacts and meet municipal GHG reduction targets, and growing evidence of the significant human health impact of criteria air contaminants have led many municipalities to "green" their heavy-duty diesel (HDD) fleets.
This webinar will explore some of the innovative ways that municipalities are reducing the harmful emissions of their HDD fleet vehicles, including:
- reducing fuel consumption
- retrofitting older diesel-powered vehicles
- switching to alternative fuels
- investing in new vehicle types and technologies
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss the planning, implementation and evaluation of the fleet emission reduction measures that will be presented.
- Jim Vanderwal, program manager, Climate Change & Air Quality, Fraser Basin Council
- Richard Parish, program manager, Hybrid Truck Users Forum, CALSTART
- Drew Shintani, senior policy advisor, City of Toronto Fleet Services
- CNG Refuse Truck Transition Plan
- E3 Fleet: Tools for Fleet Greening and Rating
- Medium and Heavy-Duty Hybrid Trucks for Municipal Operations