Webinar: Small town approaches to reaching climate protection milestones
Presented by the Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
12:00–1:30 p.m. EDT
Communities of all sizes have a role to play in reducing greenhouse gas emissions. In fact, some of the most creative and engaging approaches to energy efficiency and climate protection can be found in small towns, in all parts of Canada. Beyond reduced emissions, small towns can also benefit from significant cost savings as a result of improved energy management, often leading to greater economic development and new partnerships.
Watch this webinar to learn how several small towns are making progress in reaching milestones through the PCP program, and gain insight from their actions and experiences.
- Amanda J. Marlin, Executive Director, EOS Eco-Energy Inc., NB
- Leon de Vreede, Sustainability Planner, Town of Bridgewater, NS
- Mike Mellross, Manager, Environment & Sustainability, City of St. Albert, AB
- Melanie Kawalec, Sustainability Manager, Sustainable Peterborough, ON
- Partners for Climate Protection Webinar Introduction
- Action Plans to Reduce Emissions in Dorchester and Port Elgin, NB
- Town of Bridgewater (NS) Climate Protection Achievements
- Sustainable Peterborough Our Change Climate Action Plan
- St. Albert Local Action Plan for Energy Conservation and Reducing Greenhouse Gases