Webinar: Getting Started with Climate Protection
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Is your municipality interested in getting started on reducing greenhouse gases (GHGs) and saving on operational costs?
Learn how Sorel-Tracy is planning to cut GHGs and become more sustainable through its Local Agenda 21 initiative.
Discover the approach used by the Town of Hearst, a participant in the Partners for Climate Protection program, to develop its local action plan to reduce GHGs. The town is currently undertaking a community consultation on its local action plan, which is scheduled for completion by the fall.
You will also hear details about the recently announced Climat municipalités program, which provides financial assistance to all Québec municipalities to help them prepare GHG inventories and develop local action plans and climate adaptation plans. More specifically, we will discuss how the program works, the tools available to municipalities and other financial assistance programs for municipalities offered under the Québec Action Plan on Climate Change.
- Mayor Marcel Robert, City of Sorel-Tracy, QC
- Stéphane Lapointe, Sustainable Development Coordinator, Hearst Economic Development Corporation
- Virginie Moffet, Climate Change Advisor, Climate Change Office,Department of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks, Government of Québec
- Getting Started with Climate Protection
- Climat municipalités Program
- Sorel-Tracy, projects for a green city