Webinar: Integrated Brownfield Projects ― Sustainable Beyond Remediation
Part 3 of GMF’s Brownfield Bootcamp webinar series
Thursday, November 22, 2012
12:00-1:30 p.m. EST
In today's world of government austerity and limited resources, municipalities must make sound, long-term infrastructure investments that protect the environment, enhance quality of life and improve the bottom line.
This webinar will showcase two Canadian brownfield redevelopment projects that integrate energy and water efficiency, waste management, sustainable transportation and community amenities. These projects offer real-life examples of the many benefits of taking a sustainable approach to brownfield redevelopment.
Speakers will discuss the keys to their projects' success, the challenges they overcame, and the lessons learned along the way. This webinar will also include a presentation on available funding for brownfield projects through FCM's Green Municipal Fund — tune in to find out whether your brownfield project might be eligible.
- Chris Ollenberger, P. Eng., ICD. D., Real Estate Executive
- Raymond Sullivan, Executive Director, Centretown Citizens Ottawa Corporation
- Andrew Kemp, Project Officer, Contracts, FCM's Green Municipal Fund
- East Village — Calgary
- Beaver Barracks: Affordable, Accessible, Sustainable
- GMF's Funding and Knowledge Offer for Brownfields