Webinar: Brownfield Plans — Sowing the Seeds of Redevelopment
Part 1 of GMF's new Brownfield Bootcamp Series
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Municipalities are better equipped to guide the redevelopment of their contaminated sites when they start with a brownfield plan, community improvement plan, or downtown revitalization plan. Find out how effective brownfield plans are helping Canadian communities bring their derelict lots back into productive use.
Join municipal brownfield champions as they describe how their plans were developed and how they are facilitating the remediation and redevelopment process. Speakers will also discuss different incentive programs that can be implemented to inspire action on brownfield sites.
- Barbara Daly, brownfield coordinator, City of Edmonton, AB
- Jason Ferrigan, senior planner, City of Greater Sudbury, ON
- Luciano Piccioni, president, RCI Consulting
- Lyndon Ashton, economic development officer, Niagara Economic Development Corporation
- Niagara's Top Redevelopment Opportunities "Much More Than An Inventory"
- Reclaiming our Urban Places — Greater Sudbury s Brownfield Strategy and CIP
- Sowing the Seeds of Brownfield Redevelopment