Training: Implementing Community-Wide Green Stormwater Infrastructure
Tuesday, February 9, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Presented by FCM's Green Municipal Fund
Urbanization, in combination with climate change, is resulting in increased flooding, erosion, and other damaging impacts. This workshop provides strategic insights into policy and program tools for community-wide implementation of green stormwater infrastructure (GSI), also known as low impact development, to reduce stormwater runoff volumes and achieve water quality and quantity targets.
- Stormwater user fees and related market-based instruments.
- Incorporating GSI in road rights of way, alleys, and parking lots.
- Urban forestry and stormwater.
Intermediate: This session is suitable for delegates who are already familiar with this topic area and would like to learn more. You require a base knowledge of this topic area to get the most from this session; basic information will not be covered.
- Alix Taylor, RAIN Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Green Communities Canada
- Sara Jane O'Neill, Senior Research Associate, Sustainable Prosperity
- Clifford Maynes; Executive Director, Green Communities Canada