Plenary Panel: My Hometown in 2050
Thursday, February 11, 8:15 - 10 a.m.
The year 2050 may seem like a long way off but it 's just around the corner. As community builders, the choices we make in designing our communities along with the social and infrastructure investments we choose will lock us into a long- term path that is not so easily changed. In response to the targets called for to avoid the drastic impacts of climate change, FCM is leading a local government movement to becoming low-carbon local economies by 2050. This panel discusses what our communities will look like when we achieve this goal and some of the steps we need to take to get there.
- Andrea Reimer, Deputy Mayor and Councillor, City of Vancouver, BC
- Julia Langer; CEO, Toronto Atmospheric Fund
- Brent Gilmour; Executive Director, QUEST
- Deborah Harford, Executive Director, ACT (the Adaptation to Climate Change Team), SFU
- Brendan Shane, Regional Director North America, C40 Cities