Amount of Scholarship
The award will be $1,000, with one award to be awarded in each of the five regions of Canada:
- British Columbia
- The Prairies and Territories
- Atlantic Canada
- The scholarship is open only to young women students who are enrolled in a Canadian secondary school.
- The student can be in any year of study in secondary school.
- Applicants should be students who are making a contribution to their school's leadership teams or student councils.
- In a cover letter, tell us how you have been involved in school activities related to student council or leadership activities.
- Submit a research paper that is related to how women make a difference in community service, leadership positions, or politics.
- The research essay must be between 750 and 1,000 words.
- Applications will be kept on file and considered for up to three years, depending on eligibility.
Two written references are required:
- One (1) from a personal friend or relative, and
- One (1) from a school instructor.
January 31, 2017
Please send your submissions to:
Program Officer, Women in Local Government
Standing Committee on Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Government
By mail: 24 Clarence Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5P3