I would like to take this opportunity to ask for your support of my nomination as a Saskatchewan "City" representative on the FCM Board of Directors. I believe that my combination of professional and personal experience gives me a unique and informed perspective on issues concerning both urban and rural constituencies in our province.
Professionally, I have had the opportunity to gain knowledge of our province from several experiences including being on the SUMA Board of Directors, CEO of JA Saskatchewan , and my experience working with northern communities. As a board member for SUMA, I have learned about and worked effectively with both rural and urban communities. As President/ CEO of JA Saskatchewan, I enjoy working with municipal, business, and educational leaders across Saskatchewan and have been fortunate to learn first-hand from the youth of our province what is important to them and watch their development into contributing members of our community. Finally, as an entrepreneur I established an expediting service to tourist destinations in northern Saskatchewan, which has been operating for over 21 years. In that time I have had the good fortune to work with many northern communities and businesses, expanding my knowledge of the challenges and successes they face.
On a personal note, I was raised in Sonningdale, Saskatchewan (RM of Eagle Creek # 376) and have firsthand knowledge of rural life. While I may be a long-term resident of Saskatoon, I maintain close ties to rural communities throughout the province.
I have been involved in the FCM Board of Directors and/or Standing Committees since 2007. I have been fortunate to have direct experience with every FCM Standing Committee and currently sit on International Relations, Environmental Issues & Sustainable Development, Increasing Women's Participation in Municipal Politics, and Conference Planning. I am also a member of the Federation Canadian Municipalities / Correctional Service Canada / Parole Board Canada / Public Safety Canada: Joint Committee on Community Corrections
In closing, I have seen firsthand the power of individuals to affect positive change and I ask for your support to continue the culture at the FCM board table where all its members have a voice.
Board / Committee Experience
Federation of Canadian Municipalities:
- National Board of Directors, Sask City Representative
- International Relations
- Increasing Women's Participation in Municipal Government
- Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development
- Prairies, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut Regional Committee
Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association (SUMA) Board of Directors:
- Executive Committee, City Representative
- Community and Economic Development
- Shadow Cabinet - Advanced Education, Employment and Immigration
City of Saskatoon:
- Board of Police Commissionaires
- Administration and Finance
- Land Bank
- Municipal Enterprise Zone
- AFOA (Aboriginal Financial Officers Association)
- SREDA (Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority)
- Downtown Partnership
- Sutherland Business Improvement District
- Junior Achievement of Saskatchewan (President)
- Meewassin Valley Authority
- Credit Union Centre Board of Directors
- Canadian Youth Business Foundation Review Committee
- JA National E-Learning Committee